I don’t know about you, but September seemed to come out of nowhere! But fear not. Even though summer is officially over, we still have a lot to celebrate – like all those great blog posts we featured on Dear Drebit last month?! So, before we officially make the leap into fall, join me as I take a look back at some of the top posts business owners were reading in August.
- Get Ready, Get Set, Get Shopping! – Were you one of the many shoppers flooding stores the first weekend in August in search of some great back-to-school bargains? If so, then you were able to take advantage of this year’s Sales Tax Holiday. Missed it? That is ok, read on to learn more about it and how you can take advantage of these savings next year.
- How To React To A Data Breach – It was 2013 when a medium-sized library in Ohio found itself in the midst of a data breach that would later serve as a powerful case study warning against the very real threat of electronic fraud. While originally developed by the Ohio Auditor of State’s office as a tool for government entities throughout the state, Cash Management 240: Financial Fraud – A Case Study, has found usefulness beyond just the government sphere. Read more about it now!
- Did Fraudsters Counterfeit Your Organization’s Checks? – The internet can be a valuable tool for so many honest, well-meaning people. Unfortunately, it can also be a playground for fraudsters. Keep reading to find out how fraudsters are counterfeiting checks.
- How Can You Track Use Tax in QuickBooks? – Do you filed for use tax amnesty with QuickBooks? How are you going to track it daily going forward? The answer is as simple as 1-2-3.
- Could An FSA Bring Value To Your Business’s Benefit Plan? – Does your company’s benefit package feature access to a Flexible Spending Account? Have you considered adding one in the past but still have questions? As health costs continue to rise, we continue to learn more and more about how this pre-tax health benefit can help level the playing field for employees. But in order to get maximum benefit from this incentive, your team needs to know what it’s capable of doing. Read on to learn more.
Did we leave you wanting more? Great! We love to hear from you about what information or updates you are looking forward to seeing this month. Just reach out to us with your question or topic and one of our accounting and business consulting experts may pick it up for a future post!