Upon reviewing our most popular blog posts for the month of February we are left to conclude that it is once again that time of year – tax season.
February’s most read blog posts were mostly tax related. From additional insight into the Affordable Care Act, to recommendations about how to report your fantasy football winnings and updates about Ohio’s identity theft quiz; one thing is certain – this is shaping up to be another busy year in the world of taxes.
Read on to find out what others were reading in February.
- Are Your Employees Skimming From The Top? – A question from one of our readers: As a new business without a cash register, what is the best way (accounting method-wise or other) to protect cash receipts from sales against employee theft or dishonest activity? Want the answer? Keep reading to find out how to prevent fraud in your small business.
- Five Reasons To Fall In Love With Your Financial Advisor – While your financial advisor is probably the last person you are thinking about during those romantic holidays, you may want to reconsider and here’s why …
- Don’t Miss Your Chance To Secure Tax-Free Wealth – We already know that making contributions to tax deferred retirement accounts (i.e. deductible IRAs, SEPs, SIMPLEs and 401(k) plans) is the most obvious way to reduce your current year taxes, but with a little planning, you could develop a strategy to avoid paying future taxes as well. Take a look at these five tax advantage savings ideas and discover how easy it can be to hold on to more of your money.
- How Far Back Can The IRS Go For Tax Auditing? – As usual, this is a pretty critical topic for our readers, which is why it’s a top blog post again this month! Read on to learn how far back the IRS can audit your tax return.
- Theft Safeguards To Cause Tax Return Delays In Ohio – Get ready to watch your mailbox – at least if you want to make sure you get your state tax refund. The Ohio Department of Taxation will once again ask some Ohioans to confirm their identity before their refunds are issued. Why? Keep reading to find out.
We have a lot more tips and tidbits coming up in March, so make sure you have subscribed to our blog so you don’t miss a single post.